網站編輯's 的頭像

網站編輯

貧童老友記 ── 黃岳永

在此輸入圖片註解

《信報》政在生活:黃岳永是「有機上網」行政總裁。「有機上網」是專為低收入家庭提供廉價電腦和上網服務的社會企業,員工「十隻手指數得晒」。

他曾是謝瑞麟行政總裁,之前成立的科技公司,在英國上市,他也是「天使投資者」(angel investor),曾經投資的公司,遍布東京、三藩市、紐約及巴西等地。

他的口頭禪是「都幾interesting」,一個訪問就有三十幾個interesting,但記者最感興趣的,是47歲,正值事業黃金期,和他差不多資歷的同輩大多在商界發展,何解他要跑去幫貧窮兒童上網?

為協助低收入家庭上網和購置電腦,政府於去年推出上網學習支援計劃,計劃由兩間公司合辦,將香港十八區劃分為東西兩區,為低收入家庭提供廉價電腦和上網服務。社聯的「有機上網」負責西區,信息共融基金會的「上網樂與腦」負責東區。

計劃早前鬧出遴選風波,有指官員干預遴選結果,雖然社聯勝出招標,但卻被安排和信息共融基金會分區執行服務。

事件後來鬧上立法會,甚至要官員上場解釋,兩邊各有說法,是耶非耶,不得而知。黃岳永身為「有機上網」行政總裁,有否覺得遴選不公?

「公唔公平,交畀歷史決定,但我最關心係當你手上得半支水,你會覺得冇咗半支水,定係你有半支水?我覺得點樣善用手上的資源,先係最重要。」

勿負上天給你的talent

訪問開始不久,身為基督徒的黃岳永就和記者講故事。

「《聖經》有個故事,講述有位主人外遊,出門前向三名管家各分派五千銀、兩千銀和一千銀,主人回來後,發現分得五千銀的管家已經賺了五千銀,兩千銀的管家也賺了兩千銀,就只有一千銀的管家將銀幣埋在地下。」

「主人於是斥責那位管家,將銀幣埋在地下,是白白浪費,你放喺銀行都有息收呀。希臘文中talent亦係一串銀幣的意思。上天畀你唔同talent,可能五千,可能二千,你唔知幾多,但你要善加利用,唔好埋在地下。」
(節錄)
全文

所有評論

黎自立 - 2012年01月28日 07:11

黃岳永被偷了半枝水,卻不計較,欣然拿著剩下的半枝水去扶貧。

~WF~ - 2012年01月28日 10:40

「呢十幾年以來我都係一個企業家,一路開發唔同business,但我慢慢覺得,最勁嘅business,一定會有最好嘅社會價值。你話我放棄高薪厚職,但人生有好多嘢,唔一定為錢,啟發到其他人,成立到一個計劃,自給自足,幫到小朋友,我都好滿足。」

多謝黃岳永﹗

Spa - 2012年01月29日 08:28

Jesus used that analog because he knew the Jews very well. You have to talk to them in money terms.
I myself found that story quite puzzling. It is the worst analog that Jesus had ever made. Now this story can be used to glorify money making.
Interest in Jewish tradition (being a Jew, Jesus most probably also ahered to this) is quite complicated.

"The combination of loans and interest, in Judaism, is a complicated and detailed subject. The biblical Hebrew terms for interest are neshekh (Heb.: נשך), literally meaning a bite, and marbit/tarbit (Heb.: מרבית/תרבית), which specifically refers to the gain by the creditor[1]; neshekh referred to interest that was charged by deducting it from the loaned money itself, before the loaned money was handed over to the debtor, while marbit/tarbit referred to interest that was charged by adding it to the amount due to be repaid[2]. The word marbit/tarbit, which referred to the form of interest more familiar in modern times, became ribbit (Heb.: ריבית), in later Hebrew, and hence in modern Hebrew. Similar to the Arabic word Riba used in the Quran.
The Torah and Talmud encourage the granting of loans if they do not involve interest, with certain exceptions. Charging interest is classed in the Book of Ezekiel as being among the worst sins, and is forbidden according to Jewish law. The Talmud dwells particularly on Ezekiel's condemnation of interest, where Ezekiel denounces it as an abomination, and metaphorically portrays usurers as people who have shed blood." (Wikipedia)
This is also one of the reasons why the Muslims are not allowed to charge interest. Islam, Judaism and Christianity all believe in the Abrahamic God.
Watch out when you talk about "interest".

PBrega - 2012年01月29日 10:49

I recommend the $25 Raspberry Pi computer for charity use. It can be made a damn good web terminal. You can also find something more cheaper from mainland on Linux platform.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Spa - 2012年01月29日 14:26

「用番《聖經》裏管家的比喻,古仔關鍵在於你唔知道主人幾時回家,... 」
I do not think that this is the 關鍵 in that story.

Spa - 2012年01月29日 19:17

I salute to 黃岳永 for his hard efforts in providing resources to students from poor families.

金钱自主 - 2012年01月29日 22:31

Spa's extraction about Hebrewish intepretation/definition andcontraction on 'interest' application is very interesting. To my uneducated (although I was dubbed as a 'educated fool' by Spa's comrade) understanding on muslim's forbidence on interest applicaton to loan, it is something like 'unscrupulous' profit-- the creditor must be paid regardless the debtor gets a profit or a loss from the loan. However, had the writer of Quran had a bit of modern financial concept, he should not have denounced interest. It is because 'interest' on loan is not 'risk free'-- there is a default risk pertaining to the debtor's creditability. There can be a 'haircut' to a lesser extend or a total loss in the extreme case.
Interest on loan is not 'unscrupulous'.

In modern financial concept, equity participation as a shareholder, and loan provider as a creditor are important sources of fund and are returned with corresponding pay back, interest and dividend+capital gain respectively. Both are fair deals.

By making such a long message above, I just want to raise a question to Spa. How did he apply his '票債票換‘ campaign, being an endorsor when he and his comrades tried to make a profit ( get publicity and applause) without any 'risk' (with short political history and no track record). Such a action was definitely unscrupulous. Was it not 'as an abomination, and metaphorically portrays usurers as people who have shed blood'.

Spa - 2012年01月29日 23:43

I am not a follower of any religion, particularly the Abrahamic religions. But it does not mean that I would not read and learn from their scriptures, which contain many wisdom, as part of the heritage of human civilization. This also applies to Taoism, Buddhism and ... .
Taking religions of more than 2000 years old as absolute truth would unavoidable cause some conflictions with modern daily life. Then it is where the pastors/priests would step in to interpret the scriptures in a smoothing way (or what Einstein called the "oily words of the clergyman").
But unfortunately, Abrahamic religions do not talk about fair deals because they believe in the mighty power of their God, not human justice; otherwise how could they take Abraham's action of slaying his son as a model of faith?
I am also not a follower of any political parties including 人民力量 .

The so call "泛民" especially 民主黨 is a bunch of hypocrites. What they and their supports said against 人民力量 can equally be reflected and applied to them. So you can see that I often write with the ending remark of "Same same".
民主黨 and its allies turned away from their election promise. Then it was not surprising to see 人民力量 would ask for '票債票償'. One simply cannot eat one's cake and have it too.
Any action would be associated with a certain amount of risk.
The democratic progress in Taiwan also came with risks but so far it seems that it has paid off. Both KMT and 民進黨 (including the initial "disruptive" phase) have contributed.

只有登入後或登記成為會員才能發表意見

版規:

1. 網站編輯或網站作家開題,網友可回應。回應必須貼題,請勿重覆;勿發表誹謗,人身攻擊或不雅內容。
  2. 網站編輯有權發表或不發表網友張貼的內容。(請參閱議論守則)
  3. 開題之網友可編輯其在過去7天內發表之論題,或刪除相關回應。

查閱 FAQ

信報簡介 | 服務條款 | 私隱條款 | 免責聲明 | 廣告查詢 | 信報會議中心租賃 | 加入信報 | 聯絡信報

股票及指數資料由財經智珠網有限公司提供。期貨指數資料由天滙財經有限公司提供。外滙及黃金報價由路透社提供。

本網站的內容概不構成任何投資意見,本網站內容亦並非就任何個別投資者的特定投資目標、財務狀況及個別需要而編製。投資者不應只按本網站內容進行投資。在作出任何投資決定前,投資者應考慮產品的特點、其本身的投資目標、可承受的風險程度及其他因素,並適當地尋求獨立的財務及專業意見。本網站及其資訊供應商竭力提供準確而可靠的資料,但並不保證資料絕對無誤,資料如有錯漏而令閣下蒙受損失,本公司概不負責。