Poor retirees in Hong Kong

.[[[[Sota....Anyone who works hard and have good attitude at work can be easily promoted within a few years and be able to afford properties!!!]]
Sota...I hope you are right. But is it? I took these video myself Apr 3 . The video speaks itself. Pl see if you can advise her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2OLzV4iNoQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GThMSATtRSw&feature=related

[[[Sota....These losers, with the attitude that the whole world owes him, will just end up no where. Keep daydreaming that CY will send a home sweet home to you lor!!! And keep fantasizing that you can have a big home without the need to work hard and save hard.]]]
[[[[Sota ....It is pointless to present a sad story here or there. On the whole, we could confidently say that very few of HK people died from hunger. Few died from lack of medication and few lived without a shelter (except some who prefer to sleep on streets rather than residing in public housing for free!)]]]]

The above are dialogue with another forum member , Sota, earlier this morning Apr 19

所有評論

任煎粥 - 2012年04月19日 07:37

不要以個別例子來引證事實,保持客觀。以平均數作準會比較可靠,的確以現時環境來說要過一些比較好的退休生活有小小難度。

養珠樓主 - 2012年04月19日 08:45

“以平均數作準會比較可靠,”

信報員工由老闆以下平均身家應該超過一億吧。

millionaire - 2012年04月19日 09:30

在香港,如果你沒有投資房地產,又不是公務員,大部份打工仔的退休生活不好過!因爲一半打工仔月入小於萬元, 這有賴於高租金高地價的盤剝!

bebumui - 2012年04月19日 10:04

Daniel 你睇開啲喇!
係香港有啲人係既自大又無知,是為現代晉惠帝!
官不知民窮,富不知民困 !

millionaire - 2012年04月19日 10:18

解決贫窮的方法,不是搞人民公社食大镬饭,應由源頭做起,增加土地供應,降低租金。其次聯匯脱钩亦有利公平!

L

Liberphile - 2012年04月19日 10:44

Old people in Hong Kong are increasingly faced with a double-whammy situation. First, they live in a place that doesn't offer an adequate social safety net after their retirement. Second, the practice of filial piety as a traditional Chinese cultural norm is fast becoming extinct. These days it is not at all uncommon to read in the newspapers or hear on TV about well-educated professionals treating their elderly parents like dirt or leaving them uncared for when they are in poor health. I strongly advise young working dads and moms in Hong Kong to save enough money for building a pension portfolio for themselves instead of spending their hard-earned dollars on their kids' expensive education because it is simply not worth it. In fact, choosing not to have kids may be a smart idea for many of today's young couples, especially for those who don't have a steady job that pays a decent salary.

millionaire - 2012年04月19日 11:14

同意L君所講,年輕人放棄生育子女是理性行為,儲蓄金錢為退休打算,又或者用多餘錢孝顺父母!

O

Old Cake - 2012年04月19日 12:10

If HK property value declines, the retirees may receive less rental. If minimum wage keeps on raising, the retirees's daily expenses may increase.

PBrega - 2012年04月19日 13:57

A four million flat is a best buy for poor and underprivileged, I just do not know what word can describe those who cannot afford a four million flat. The property value should always decline as the depreciation of any capital investment. It is not the property value increased, it is the decline of the money value and the increase of the hidden tax, and purposely manipulation of supply, all together to create a demanding market. This is absolute not a free market, but a totally free phony market.

O

Old Cake - 2012年04月19日 14:09

Land value + building cost = property value

Sota - 2012年04月19日 14:14

The property value should always decline as the depreciation of any capital investment.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If that is the case, then prices of houses and apartments in Canada may have dropped to ZERO as lots of those houses have existed for 40 or 50 years and the "salvage value" should have fallen to zero using any depreciation calculation!

A four million flat is a best buy for poor and underprivileged
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Should stated clearly - for the less affordable middle class.

The poor? They can't even afford buying a flat even if property prices drop by 50%. They are already been well taken care by public housing policy of the government!

This is absolute not a free market, but a totally free phony market
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then your "free phony market" claim should also be applicable to the property market in Sydney, Taipei, Shanghai, Beijing, Vancouver, Toronto, London, New York, Chicago...etc, as property prices of all those cities have double or more than double over the past decade!

Glad that we still have a free market for almost everything in HK. Just watch some documentary. How poor was old China before the adoption of FULL market mechanism. Indeed, the invisible hand is the real Jesus who have saved tens of millions or even billion of lives in China, Russia, the former European countries and all other countries who open their doors to embrace the market mechanism!!!

PBrega - 2012年04月19日 14:20

I do wish this is the right formula, but as a matter of fact, land value is controlled by those developers and government. The sub-division cost behind Land value will be much more complicate than it seems to be.

Sota - 2012年04月19日 14:31

land value is controlled by those developers and government. The sub-division cost behind Land value will be much more complicate than it seems to be.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again question if the property developers could control the prices of 1 million second hand flat units?

And Li + X and Uncle 4 could also control the property prices in Taipei, Kaoshiung, Singapore, KL, Ho Chi Minh City, BJ, Shanghai, Sydney, Vancouver, Toronto....etc?

The stupid proposition of monopoly just fails to work in ALL other cities, and also failed to work during 1997 to 2003 when property prices in HK dropped for 67%!!!

This claim is just like masturbation of the losers who failed to IN properties during downturn and have developed severe "red eye" syndrome now!

PBrega - 2012年04月19日 14:32

Middle class, what is that? Even you are making 20k a mouth, you cannot afford that flat on mortgage.

PBrega - 2012年04月19日 14:46

If Canada is such nice place for speculator like Hong Kong, why those tycoon are not moving to Canada, Singapore, and all those lovely place in the world? Li + X + Uncle 4 still staying in HOng Kong, even their candyman cannot be CE.
If the above ------------ are such theoretically great, why not give a existing sample of middle class and bourgeois in Hong Kong. The jerk just has no idea where the hell the four million dollar flat came from and keep on bullshitting.
My admiration.

Sota - 2012年04月19日 14:52

20K household income should apply for HOS flats or buy a flat in NT or Lantau Island. A sea view unit of about 700 sq. ft. in Tung Chung only costs about HKD3.4 million. Monthly mortgage payment amounts to about HKD10,000, depending on the payment period.

A family of two, one teacher and one working in general office, easily earn more than HKD40,000 per month and I don't see how they could not afford a flat of HKD3.4 to HKD4 million?

Sota - 2012年04月19日 14:57

PBrega - 2012年04月19日 15:04

Ha Ha Ha, In Tung Chung? Ha Ha Ha, 700 sq. ft.? Ha Ha Ha! Monthly payment about HKD10,000? ha ha ha.........
You are not living in Hong Kong definitely.
Oh dear, I like that bullshit.
Ha Ha Ha ..........
This is the image of Hong Kong for the world
Hong Kong Faces Renewed Pressure Over Its Housing
410萬樓「窮人恩物」

PBrega - 2012年04月19日 15:05

Ha Ha Ha, In Tung Chung? Ha Ha Ha, 700 sq. ft.? Ha Ha Ha! Monthly payment about HKD10,000? ha ha ha.........
Ha Ha Ha ..........
410萬樓「窮人恩物」

PBrega - 2012年04月19日 15:05

Ha Ha Ha ..........
410萬樓「窮人恩物」

Sota - 2012年04月19日 15:14

From Centanet.com:

東涌/離島 映灣園 1期 賞濤軒 2座 低層
FGC578-11283

售 $ 350 萬

約 716 呎 ( 2房 )

The transacted price should be somewhat lower than the offering price of similar units.

By the way, why lots of gweilo continue to come to HK to look for opportunities? Rather than staying in their wild west or whatever enjoying a 3,000 sq. ft. houses? It is clearly the earning power in HK is significantly higher than in the US/UK or Australia.

Those who love the low-cost HDB flats should consider immigrating to Singapore. Or how about Canada? I heard that now few HKgers compete with you!!!

You don't want to go? Poor living environment here bor!!! Poor retirement life bor!!!

Clearly that is due to one word: MONEY!!!

養珠樓主 - 2012年04月19日 16:24

Some people drank the cool-aid, what can I say?

養珠樓主 - 2012年04月19日 16:31

Just a simple observation. In every affluent society in the world, the floor space in which the person of median income lives grows as the median income increases. Not in Hong Kong. I earn in one year more than my father earned in his whole life. In 1965, he bought an apartment for us to live in that was twice the size of the one i can barely afford.

Sota - 2012年04月19日 17:18

Untrue. Singapore government now introduces small HDB flats of about 500 sq. ft. having witnessed a substantial rise in property prices (including those of HDB flats) over the past few years.

Developers in Taiwan also introduced new and small apartment to meet the new demands of small families.

Those in Manila also introduced min condos of about 500 to 600 sq. ft. for changing market environment.

As I mentioned, the surge in property prices is more a reflection of the sustained drop in the purchasing power of HKD, rather than any sort of "monopoly" power. You expect to buy a TaiKoo City flat at HKD2 million when 「一哥燒鵝飯」及「一哥燒鵝雙拼飯」最新標價 is at 50元???

Better to upgrade yourself to earn more $$$ than trying hard barking around daydreaming the new Chief Executive would ruin the whole wealth of a city to meet the so-called "housing shortage" claimed by the 80 and beyond generation!!!

Daniel - 2012年04月19日 18:03

...[[[bebumui ......係香港有啲人係既自大又無知,是為現代晉惠帝!
官不知民窮,富不知民困 !]]]
Well said

[[[Sota...Better to upgrade yourself to earn more $$$ than trying hard barking around daydreaming the new Chief Executive would ruin the whole wealth of a city to meet the so-called "housing shortage" ]]]

Making money being one's sole purpose in this world? You have made your position clear

Sota - 2012年04月19日 18:25

Position is indeed clear for most!!!

I always say NO MONEY NO HONEY!!!

And yes we have to earn our butter and bread, as unlike the youth nowadays we didn't have a rich dad supporting his luxury life playing iPhone iPad studying abroad paying downpayment for flats while leaving his son/daughter plenty of spare time "chasing his/her dream" doing "creative" things engaging in "innovative", although waking up one day achieving NOTHING, nothing OTHER than the good old assets or fortune left by [email protected]!

Barwon - 2012年04月19日 18:37

My bee keeper friend always says NO HONEY NO MONEY.

jack wong tai sin - 2012年04月19日 20:13

Sota兄,東湧樓太貴,二百萬荃灣中心,
約四百尺!
後生仔假設兩口子共賺三萬一個月,
要儲多少及多久才可上車?
假設好節儉,食住阿媽!
首期最少多少?
佣金印花?律師費!
不計裝修傢俱。

好似三成首期,月剩萬五?年十八萬?
婚後點?

Daniel - 2012年04月19日 21:11

...[[[Sota ....I always say NO MONEY NO HONEY!!!]]

[[[jack wong tai sin 東湧樓太貴,二百萬荃灣中心,約四百尺!後生仔假設兩口子共賺三萬一個月,要儲多少及多久才可上車?]]

\越辩越明

jack wong tai sin - 2012年04月19日 21:50

Sota兄,樓貴因無貨,供應大斷層,非香港經濟好!
考慮各種正負因素,近五年,年均10028私宅
落成,正係害死香港的最佳途徑!

引用弟熱門文章之首
王文彥:"從1980至1989年10年,私人一手住宅年均
供應量為29,500多個,
而從1990至1999 年10年,年均供應量也
達到26,900餘個,
但在勾地政策的影響下,
最近3年(07至09年)年均供應量
僅是8801個。"

各位,八六至九七,仲有年均萬五千居屋!

九七前十年期內,年均四萬五千私宅及居屋,
近五年只有一萬私宅!樓貴極之合理!
多得曾特首送給香港的大禮,
即樓價超越九七!考慮樓齡加權,
樓價其實比九七高兩三成!

PBrega - 2012年04月19日 23:16

jack and Daniel, please just save your breath, this jerk knows nothing about Hong Kong. He is not even in Hong Kong and he never bother to check news and website about Hong Kong. We are getting no where when arguing the local issues. It totally waste of time.

Daniel - 2012年04月20日 00:52

..PBrega.....This is a cyber forum. Other forum members incl those in the mainland should be smart enough to decipher what we are talking about. They together with the younger generation in HK should know what a real debate should be.

只有登入後或登記成為會員才能發表意見

版規:

1. 網站編輯或網站作家開題,網友可回應。回應必須貼題,請勿重覆;勿發表誹謗,人身攻擊或不雅內容。
  2. 網站編輯有權發表或不發表網友張貼的內容。(請參閱議論守則)
  3. 開題之網友可編輯其在過去7天內發表之論題,或刪除相關回應。

查閱 FAQ

信報簡介 | 服務條款 | 私隱條款 | 免責聲明 | 廣告查詢 | 信報會議中心租賃 | 加入信報 | 聯絡信報

股票及指數資料由財經智珠網有限公司提供。期貨指數資料由天滙財經有限公司提供。外滙及黃金報價由路透社提供。

本網站的內容概不構成任何投資意見,本網站內容亦並非就任何個別投資者的特定投資目標、財務狀況及個別需要而編製。投資者不應只按本網站內容進行投資。在作出任何投資決定前,投資者應考慮產品的特點、其本身的投資目標、可承受的風險程度及其他因素,並適當地尋求獨立的財務及專業意見。本網站及其資訊供應商竭力提供準確而可靠的資料,但並不保證資料絕對無誤,資料如有錯漏而令閣下蒙受損失,本公司概不負責。